- Register online to be an organ and tissue donor in California. Your organ donation could save the lives of up to eight people, and through tissue donation, enhance the lives of up to another 50 people.www.transplantliving.org
- A useful information resource giving transplant patients and their families access to topics relating to organ donation and transplantation.www.transplantexperience.com
- Another website offering useful information on transplantation, oriented more to heart, kidney and liver recipients.www.ssdrc.com
- Social Security Disability Resource Center providing answers to the public who become disabled due to illness or injury, on how to apply for disability, how to appeal a claim in the event of a denial and how to navigate the federal system.www.onelegacy.org
- One Legacy is the nonprofit, federally designated organ recovery agency serving 18 million people in seven Southern California counties.www.unos.org
- A national organization whose mission is to advance organ availability and transplantation. This organization maintains the national waiting list for organ delivery.www.mendedhearts.org
- This organization brings together patients, spouses, family members, friends and medical professionals to form a network of caring individuals with the goal of improving lives of those who suffer from the realities of heart disease.www.MyMedSchedule.com
- A free and helpful web-based program that assists patients track multiple medicines and their uses, prepare medicine lists, reminders, weekly checklists and print wallet sized summaries.
ORGANIZATIONS PROVIDING PRESCRIPTION ASSISTANCE:www.rxassist.org
- RxAssist offers a comprehensive database of pharmaceutical companies patient assistance programs available.www.needymeds.org
- NeedyMeds is an information resource devoted to helping people in need find assistance programs to help them afford their medications and costs related to health care. www.lowestmed.com
- Finds lowest priced pharmacy nearby for specific medication.www.pparx.org
- Partnership for Prescription Assistance helps qualifying patients without prescription drug coverage get the medicines they need for free or nearly free.www.healthwellfoundation.org
- HealthWell Foundation provides financial assistance to eligible individuals to cover coinsurance, co-payments, health care premiums and deductibles for certain medications and therapies.www.panfoundation.org
- Patient Access Network foundation is dedicated to providing under-insured patients with co-payment assistance through disease-specific programs, including Solid Organ Transplant.